The unparalleled love for Ice Cream makes it difficult for one to resist it on a burning summer morning. But it most certainly compromises the diet if one is on a keto diet because one scoop of your favourite Ice Cream can offer a very high carb content. But to satisfy the sweet tooth for Ice Creams, one can always go for Keto Ice Creams thereby satisfying your cravings.
Coffee Ice Cream with Natural sweetener.
How wonderful can it be inducing your favourite beverage’s flavour into your all-time favourite Ice Cream? Sounds delicious.
Ingredients you need to make your Keto Coffee Ice Cream :
- One and a half cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup Erythritol
- One and a half cups whole coffee beans (decaf unless you want caffeine in ice cream)
- A pinch of salt
- One and a half cups heavy cream
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of finely grounded coffee
Procedures to follow to make Coffee Ice Cream:
- Stir the milk with Erythritol, coffee beans, salt, and cream. Heat the milk, sugar, whole coffee beans, salt, and 1/2 cup of the cream in a saucepan until it is quite warm and steamy. When it is warm enough, let cool gradually at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Pour the remaining cream into a medium-size bowl, set on ice over a comparatively larger bowl. Set a mesh strainer on top of the bowls. Keep aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks together. Slowly pour the heated milk and coffee mixture into the egg yolk, stirring constantly so that the egg yolk is tempered by the warm milk, but not cooked by it. Scrape the warmed egg yolk back into the saucepan.
- Whisk the custard mixture constantly over medium heat with a complete heatproof, flat-bottomed spatula, scraping the bottom while stirring, until the mixture thickens and coats the spatula so that you can run your finger across the coating. This can take about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Press on the coffee beans in a strainer to extract as much of the coffee flavour as possible. Then discard the beans. Pour in the vanilla and finely ground coffee, and stir until it cools down
- Chill the mixture in Ice Cream maker and your ice cream is ready to be served.