Holidays or sweet tooth cravings need not be deprived just for the reason that you are maintaining a Keto diet. Cakes now can be completely keto with the gluten free and low carbs Coconut Flour. You can now tend to your sweet tooth and any celebrations with cakes without giving up on your keto diet.
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- ½ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 4 Eggs
- ½ cup Natural Sweetener
- 350 mL Unsweetened Coconut Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 100 grams of unsweetened chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to approximately 340F.
- Smear the cake pan with either coconut oil or butter and keep it aside for a while.
- Mix together the coconut flour, baking powder and unsweetened cocoa powder in a medium size mixing bowl and keep it aside for a while.
- Beat the eggs with natural sweetener for more than 30 seconds using a whisk.
- Pour in the vanilla and coconut cream and whisk it for a while.
- Stir continuously until fully combined into a glossy cake batter form.
- Transfer the cake batter in the prepared cake pan. Bake for 50 minutes. Add a piece of foil on top of the cake after 30 minutes of baking to avoid burning of the top of the cake.
- Take the cake out and cool in the cake pan for approximately 10 minutes, then release the cake onto a cooling rack for at least 1 hour.
- Garnish the cake with chocolate chip and your Coconut Flour Chocolate Cake is ready to be served.
Coconut Flour Vanilla Cake
- 4 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla
- 3 tablespoons of Natural Sweetener
- ¼ of coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon of iodised salt
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons of coconut cream
- Preheat oven to 350 °F(176.6 °C). In a large bowl combine egg whites with cream of tartar. Whisk until peaks are formed. Set it aside for a while.
- Add in the coconut flour, vanilla, baking soda and salt. Whisk with a manual whisk until combined evenly.
- In a separate bowl, cream together egg yolk and coconut oil with mixer and blend for a while.
- Add in the natural sweetener along with the coconut flour and other ingredients and mix well.
- Lay down a 6-inch mini cake pan with parchment paper or oil the pan with additional coconut oil. Pour down the mixture into the cake pan. Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Add some coconut cream, vanilla extract and natural sweetener to a bowl and whisk it thick and evenly blended
- Let the cake cool for a while and apply the icing on top and you Coconut Flour Vanilla Cake is ready to be served.