DIY Almond flour Keto cakes
Cake without the horrors of high gluten content of flour and the carb content of sugar is “The knight in shining armour” for people who prefer Gluten free and low carb cakes to maintain a complete keto diet.
The benefits of Amson Almond flour and the sweetness of natural sweeteners now combined in one through the following two delicious cake recipes.
Keto Almond Flour Strawberry Shortcake
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled,
- 2 cups Erythritol,
- 6 eggs,
- 1¼ cups unsweetened Almond milk and Coconut milk blend,
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract,
- ½ teaspoon almond extract,
- 3 cups fine almond flour,
- 1 cup coconut flour,
- 1 tablespoon baking powder,
- ½ teaspoon salt.
Procedures to follow:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Smoothen two 9 inches round pans and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the coconut oil, erythritol, eggs, vanilla and almond extract together until well mixed. Add the almond milk and whisk again until evenly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt together. Add all the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk well.
- Divide batter evenly between pans and spread out thereby smoothing the the tops. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to the fridge to cool. Allow the cake to cool in the fridge for at least an hour before removing from the pan and frosting and serve.
Keto Lemon Almond Flour Cake
- 4 eggs (large), separated into yolks and egg whites
- 1 Tbsp lemon extract
- ½ cup Erythritol, divided into two equal parts
- 1½ cup lightly scooped finely ground blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon white or cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
Procedures to follow:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F . Place a round of parchment paper on the bottom of an 8 or 9-inch pan, and grease it and the sides of the pan with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, lemon extracts, and ¼ cup Erythritol until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, ground cardamom, and baking powder. Add the mixture to the egg yolk mixture and beat until well mixed. The mixture should form a thick paste.
- Beat the egg whites with a mixer, starting on low speed and gradually increasing the speed.
- When the bubbles start to form, add a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of vinegar.
- As the egg whites begin to expand in volume, sprinkle in the remaining ¼ cup of Erythritol, a little at a time, as you continue to beat the egg whites. Beat until soft peaks form.
- Pour ⅓ to ½ of the beaten egg whites into the almond mixture to loosen it and make it lighter.
- Then gently fold the remaining whipped egg whites into the batter, a large scoopful at a time.
- Gently scoop the batter into the prepared spring-form pan and place in the oven. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Separate it from the side of the pan.
- Release the spring-form pan sides, and gently move the cake to serving plate.
Leave a comment