What is Almond Flour?
Almond flour is usually made with blanched almonds. However you can find both natural and blanched almonds ground up for almond flour. A majority of almond flour that you will come across is made from blanched almonds since most people prefer the lighter crumb and appearance in cakes and other baked goods. Almond flour can be usually found it in well-stocked supermarkets as well as online.
Benefits of Almond Flour.
- Almond flour is rich in nutrients, particularly vitamin E, which is a group of fat-soluble compounds that serve as antioxidants in your body.
- They prevent damage from harmful molecules which accelerate aging and increases your risk of heart disease and cancer. In fact, several studies suggest that higher vitamin E consumption leads to lower rates of heart diseases.
- Magnesium is another nutrient that almond flour constitutes of. It provides several benefits like improved blood sugar control, reduced insulin resistance and lower blood pressure.
- Almond flour is low in carbs but high in healthy fats and fiber which is perfect for maintaining a keto diet.
- Almond flour is both wheat-free and gluten-free, making it a great alternative for baking for those who are intolerant towards wheat or gluten.
- The nutrients in almond flour may help reduce low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and lower blood pressure.
Hence, almond flour is a splendid alternative to wheat-based flours. It is incredibly nutritious with many health benefits, and reducing risks of heart diseases and improves blood sugar control. Almond flour is also gluten-free, which makes it a great option for those with wheat intolerance and its low carb quantity also makes it suitable for people following a Keto Diet.